This insurance policy and the rates herein are not valid for residents of Washington State. If you are a resident of Washington State please call our office for the travel insurance information that pertains.
Tour protection from $79 per person!
Group IST wants your trip to be worry-free. It can save you time and money, and provide greater peace of mind. The Group IST Protection Plan is affordably priced and provides valuable coverage for your vacation:
|Coverage||Maximum Benefit Per Person|
|Trip Cancellation and Interruption||Tour Cost up to $20,000|
|Emergency Medical & Dental Coverage||$15,000|
|Emergency Medical Transportation||$100,000|
|Travel Delay Coverage||$500|
|Baggage Delay Coverage||$300|
|Missed Connection Coverage||$500|
|Travel Accident Coverage||$25,000|
|24/7 Emergency Travel & Medical Assistance||Included|
|Trip Cost per Person||Insurance Cost per Person|
|$6,501 -7,000||5% of trip cost|
|Over $7,000||Please call office|
Group IST strongly recommends the purchase of the Tour Protection Plan. This plan provides protection for your non-refundable tour costs and cancellation fees should you need to cancel or interrupt your trip due to unforeseen circumstances. It also provides important medical benefits and assistance while traveling. The Certificate of Insurance/Policy will be provided to you with your travel documents; it contains complete details on the coverage provided.
Pre-existing Conditions Exclusion and Waiver:
A Pre-existing Condition is defined as any injury that occurs before and including the effective date of insurance or any illness that occurs within 120 days before and including the effective date of insurance for which the insured has seen a doctor for treatment or diagnosis or for which symptoms exist that would cause a prudent person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment. Allianz Global Assistance does not cover pre-existing conditions but will waive this exclusion when the following provisions are satisfied:
- You must insure the full, non-refundable portion of your trip cost within 14 days of initial trip deposit;
- You must be medically able to travel at the time of your insurance purchase;
- You have not filed a claim for trip cancellation due to a pre-existing condition within the last 120 days from the effective date of insurance;
- Your trip cost is $20,000 or less per covered person; and
- You must be a resident of the United States.
The following is a brief description of the coverage available.
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption*: Coverage provides financial protection for expenses related to trip cancellation or interruption caused by a covered reason. Trip cancellation provides reimbursement for prepaid, non-refundable expenses, up to the amount of coverage purchased. Trip interruption coverage offers reimbursement for the unused, non-refundable portion of the trip and increased transportation costs to return home due to a covered reason. Some covered reasons include:
- A terrorist act committed by an organized terrorist group (recognized as such by the U.S. State Department) if it results in property damage, injury or loss of life in a domestic or foreign city within 30 days of scheduled arrival in that city.
- Illness, injury or death of traveler, a covered family member or traveling companions. This coverage also extends to employed caregivers who live with the traveler and a person with whom the traveler lived for 12 continuous months prior to the effective date of coverage.
- Financial default of selected airline carriers that results in the complete cessation of services. Supplier default is only provided if the traveler purchases insurance within 14 days of initial trip payment or deposit, financial default occurs more than 7 days after the policy's effective date and the travel supplier is listed on our list of covered suppliers.
- Strikes, natural disasters, bad weather, or FAA mandated shutdown resulting in the complete cessation of services by an airline, tour operator or cruise line for at least 24 consecutive hours.
- Normal pregnancy (for Trip Cancellation only) of the traveler (or the anticipated due date of an immediate family member and the traveler plans to attend the childbirth), if the pregnancy occurs after the effective date of insurance.
- Travel Delay*: Offers reimbursement to cover additional accommodation and travel expenses due to a delay of at least 6 hours. Covered reasons for travel delay include carrier caused delays (including bad weather) and unannounced strikes. Payments may not exceed $150 per person per day.
- Baggage Coverage*: Provides benefits for loss, damage or theft of baggage and personal effects provided all reasonable measures to protect, save and/or recover property are taken. Coverage is secondary to coverage provided by a common carrier.
- Baggage Delay*: Covers the reasonable additional purchase of essential items if baggage is delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for 24 hours or more.
- Emergency Medical/Dental Coverage*: Provides benefits for emergency medical or dental expenses incurred during the coverage period. Services must be provided by a licensed provider and must take place during the trip.
- Emergency Medical Transportation: Pays for emergency medical transportation services as a result of an injury or illness to have the traveler moved to the nearest appropriate facility. Once you are able, we will also have the traveler returned home.
- Travel Accident Insurance*: Provides coverage up to the maximum amount listed on the brochure for loss of life, limb or eyesight within 365 days of a covered accident.
- Missed Connection*: Provides reimbursement of up to $500 to cover certain expenses caused by a covered delay that forces the traveler to miss the scheduled flight or cruise.
- 24 Hour Emergency Travel & Medical Assistance: Multilingual representatives are on call 24 hours a day to help you solve a variety of problems, from replacing lost tickets and travel documents to making cash transfers
Allianz Travel Insurance plans are underwritten by BCS Insurance Company (OH, Administrative Office: Oakbrook Terrace, IL), rated "A-"(Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under BCS Form No. 52.201 series. Allianz Global Assistance and Allianz Travel Insurance are brands of AGA Service Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage because of the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: This optional coverage may duplicate coverage already provided by your personal auto insurance policy, homeowner's insurance policy, personal liability insurance policy or other source of coverage. This insurance is not required to purchase any other products/services. Unless separately licensed, travel retailer employees are not qualified/authorized to answer technical questions about coverage details or evaluate your existing coverage. Plan may not be available in all jurisdictions. Additionally:
California Residents: This plan contains disability insurance benefits or health insurance benefits, or both, that only apply during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that already provides you with these benefits. You should review your existing policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer or health plan. We are doing business in California as Allianz Global Assistance Insurance Agency, License # 0B01400.
Florida Residents: The benefits of the Policy providing your coverage are governed primarily by the law of a state other than Florida.
New York Residents: The licensed producer represents the insurer for purposes of the sale. Compensation paid to the producer may depend on the policy selected, or the producer's expenses, volume of business, or profitability. The purchaser may request and obtain information about the producer's compensation, except as otherwise provided by law.
Utah Residents: We are doing business in Utah as Allianz Global Assistance Insurance Agency.
Product Available in all states except: WA